How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr.M.D.Mazumdar Your Own Question
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 9036
Experience:  MD (Obst&Gynecology)
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

31 yr old female no children just started to have pain when

Customer Question

31 yr old female no children just started to have pain when boyfriend and I would have sex about a month ago pain started . Also if I insert my finger in my vagina I can feel a spot inside to one side if I push on it it hurts so bad. Any ideas what this is... I force myself to still have sex and if I put tons of lube and he stays deep I can just bear it
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr.M.D.Mazumdar replied 1 year ago.


It is possible that you have developed a condition known as Bartholinitis.

The Bartholin's glands are two small glands on either side of the vaginal opening. These can get infected by bacteria in the vagina leading to inflammation. It is usually not due to a sexually transmitted disease but other bacteria present in the vagina or on the skin. If infection occurs, pressure on the glands will cause pain.

The standard treatment is with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medicines. If treatment is not done in time, Bartholin's abscess may develop - this will require surgical drainage of the abscess.

Please consult your obgyn for a checkup.

Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.