OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

31 yr old female no children just started to have pain when…

Customer Question
31 yr old female no...
31 yr old female no children just started to have pain when boyfriend and I would have sex about a month ago pain started . Also if I insert my finger in my vagina I can feel a spot inside to one side if I push on it it hurts so bad. Any ideas what this is... I force myself to still have sex and if I put tons of lube and he stays deep I can just bear it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/17/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

It is possible that you have developed a condition known as Bartholinitis.

The Bartholin's glands are two small glands on either side of the vaginal opening. These can get infected by bacteria in the vagina leading to inflammation. It is usually not due to a sexually transmitted disease but other bacteria present in the vagina or on the skin. If infection occurs, pressure on the glands will cause pain.

The standard treatment is with antibiotics and anti-inflammatory medicines. If treatment is not done in time, Bartholin's abscess may develop - this will require surgical drainage of the abscess.

Please consult your obgyn for a checkup.

Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.

Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor