OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My name is ***** ***** I started taking Provera 10MG on 2/7…

Customer Question
My name is *****...

My name is ***** *****

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I started taking Provera 10MG on 2/7 - I need to delay my period until 2/23 - will this work? I am due to get it on 2/20

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/16/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN

Since a period usually starts due to the drop in progesterone, taking Provera will often be able to prevent a period from starting. However, Provera 10mg may not be enough to do the job. I would recommend taking Provera 20mg daily to be more sure of delaying your period.

if I started taking 20mg starting today and continued to take it through the 22nd you think that would be enough?

Yes, I think that would work well.

Ok thank you.

You're welcome.

Please click the rating stars. Thank you.