Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

I am 39 and have already had 7 children. My youngest is 9

Customer Question

I am 39 and have already had 7 children. My youngest is 9 however i previously Was married. And divorced and married again in 2011 to a wonderful man who is 36 when we met i had adnormal cycles he knew this. I explained to him its been that way. Since my 2ps well it took a worsened turn and i had to have the nova as option over a hysterectomy my husband and i cried the morning i was due for surgery because prior to this i had. 4 transfusions and 3 dnc. I was suffering and he didnt want that for me anymore so nova seemed the way to go i say all this because my husband has no children and his family and himself show bitterness sometimes because they really want this for him ie especially his mom ofcourse and i really want to give him a child but i had the nova in april 2013 and have heard. Getting pregnant isnt possible and if. By chance it happen it would be life threatening:( lately he seems sometimes to show he still wants a child but he tries to spare my feelings for the most part but i sense tension especially when it comes to this and his family his mom even said before our marriage she has children she will never give you one and no she doesn't know my med history he is scared to tell her
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Manos MD, board certified obgyn what is your question and what do you mean by NOVA?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The Novasure and i guess my question is being 39 and have had this precedure is it even possible to concieve do i even have a chance
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I do still have a cycle each month but much lighter since the ablation and even now i am 2 weeks late.

Novasure. The uterine lining is ablated meaning it is shrunk down so much there is not enough lining for a pregnancy to have a chance to start or go longer than a month or so. It would not be something that can be successful.