OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I'm in menopause due to chemotherapy from breast cancer. I'm…

Customer Question
Hi. I'm in menopause...

Hi. I'm in menopause due to chemotherapy from breast cancer. I'm on tamoxifen & am having very bad pelvic pains for over a month. I have constant clear discharge. Ultrasound showed 2 follicles on ovaries, very small fibroid, endometrial thickening 6mm with fluid. Gyn doesn't seem concerned. Should I be?

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

What do you need to know? Pain is dull, achy & severe & not on one particular side. . I feel bloated and full.i think my groin lymph nodes are causing pain two--the area right above the joint between leg & pelvis

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/13/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hello, I'm Dr Manos MD, board certified obgyn. I need more information. Your age and how long you've been on Tamoxifen

I am 41. I have been on Tamoxifen for 2 years and 3 months.
Don't know if this is relevant, but my mom died of colon cancer. She was diagnosed with metastasized cancer at 55.

Your ultrasound results are ok. Endometrium 6mm is reduced from average thickness. The pain is hard to pinpoint including the groin area. For now, you should have something for the pain. Estrogen has so many effects and tamoxifen either blocks estrogen or mimics depending on the site. Could you be building some lactose intolerance that happens with menopause? You might reduce your dairy intake. Are your stools softer which is seen with lactose intolerance.

You should tell your doctor about that history.

I hope I responded to your inquiry and that the symptoms are short lived.

Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN