OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I just had unprotected sex and i am easily getting concived…

Customer Question
Hi I just had unprotected...
Hi I just had unprotected sex and i am easily getting concived and i cant find emergency contraceptive pills in uae, any other solution i finished my period last monday
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/13/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago
Dr Norbert Scheufele

another solution would be to take the regular pill in high dose (5 as soon as possible after sexual contact, 5 more 12 hours later) or to implant an intrauterine device (IUD) during 5 days after sex. Nevertheless the easiest way would still be to get the plan b pill at pharmacy.

Best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Plan B is not available here in UAE, there is a pill caled yasmine which they use from day one after finishing the period and is used on daily basis, so do u recommend to take 5 tablets from it now and 5 after 12 hours?
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago

Yasmin unfortunately doesn´t work in such a case. Qualified is every pill that contains levonorgestrel, there are a lot, so one of them shoud be available in your country. Then the "2 times 5 system" is usable.

Is there is any particular name that you can recommend pls.
How about nordette? Will it work
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago

Yes, nordette is perfect. If you take it like recommended you will be safe.

They dont have noredette either how about Diane
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago

diane is not qualified neither.

Possible is: Conceplan, Femigoa, Leios, Leona, Microgynon, Minisiston, Neogynon, Triquilar, Trisiston.

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele