OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My period is very regular, 28 days and my last period was…

Customer Question
My period is very regular...
My period is very regular, 28 days and my last period was Jan 12th. I had a surgery on my cervix on Jan 18th. I am 3 days late now, but I am not pregnant. Could the surgery have delayed my period?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/12/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hello, I'm Dr Manos MD, board certified obgyn If you are certain that you're not pregnant, then it will probably start over the weekend. If not you might have a persistent corpus luteum and it may require an ultrasound to find out what's going on. For now, wait this weekend through Monday morning. If still late, then get checked. If you had a cone biopsy of your cervix, it's not likely having anything to do with the late period b

Thanks I actually had a small fragment of IUD in a fluid filled cyst in the left external os. The cyst was ruptured and the fragment fell out. I did not need any cutting or sutures. But, yes, my period is late and this is not usual for me. Usually every Tuesday each 4 weeks I have my period. I will wait over the weekend.

Very good

Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN