OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had really bad pains the other day in my pelvic region and…

Customer Question
I had really bad pains...
I had really bad pains the other day in my pelvic region and I felt something like contractions. I went on the toilet feeling like I had to push something out and something fell out of me that was about the size of my two fingers and a bunch of blood started pooring out of me after. The night before I felt a rush of liquid come out of my vagina. I went to the Obgyn and they said it might have just been a big blood clot that got stuck in my uterus because I didn't have a normal period for several months. I had a good look at the "blood clot" and it seemed like a sack and I could cut the edge and open it up like a balloon because it was just a skin with a hollow inside. I'm still concerned about it. I have pictures of it
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
2/3/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hello, I'm Dr Manos,MD, board certified obgyn. I'm not sure what your question is. You didn't have a period for some months then had bleeding with some clots and went to see a Gyn doctor. I'm not sure what they told you or why you didn't put the clot in any container for them to see it. A blood clot can look like a membrane when it is picked thru it. You were smart to try to contact the Gyn office and you should contact them or go to an emergency room if you are not satisfied with their availability. If you are still bleeding and passing clots, by all means go to ER.