OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My name is ***** *****. My issue is who is more likely to be…

Customer Question
Hi. My name is...

Hi. My name is ***** *****. My issue is who is more likely to be the father of my baby.

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I'm 22 weeks pregnant with twins. My husband and I did an IUI procedure on September 12th. My husband and I had sex on Tuesday and Wednesday of September (8th and 9th). I then had sex (it didnt last long) with another man that I had been having an affair with. He did not ejaculate inside me but my husband did all week and he's the one I did the IUI with. I'm concerned the other man could possibly be the father. Is that even possible.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/3/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN

Did you have an early ultrasound? If so, what was the date, and how many weeks were you?

What date did you have sex with the other man? Thank you.

I did have an early ultrasound around 6 weeks pregnant. It was around September October 10th. The sexual encounter with the other man occurred on September 10th.
I meant to say the ultrasound was around the date of October 16th. I only had sex with the other man once on September 10th and he did not ejaculate anywhere near my vagina.

As long as the other man did not ejaculate anywhere near your vagina, you could not be pregnant by him.

An early ultrasound can help to date the day of conception within about 5-6 days, but I don't think you need it. Your husband has to be the father. Best wishes.