OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I just got the results for my pregnancy blood test, my HCG…

Customer Question
Hello, I just got the results...
I just got the results for my pregnancy blood test, my HCG is <2.0 mIU/ml. I was told that this means that I am not pregnant. I had my last menstrual period on 14-18. Does the results mean that I am not pregnant?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Today (03.02.2016) I got the results for my pregnancy blood test, my HCG is <2.0 mIU/ml. 5 days ago I've done 3 pregnancy tests and they are all negative. I was told by the doctor that I the HCG test is also negative. my last menstrual period was 14-18 December of 2015. I don't know, should I retake the pregnancy test? or just trust the HCG??Thank you in advance.
2/3/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago
Dr Norbert Scheufele

a HCG level less than 10 means "not pregnant". But depending on your last period, it may be to early to detect pregnancy. So I would recommend to do another test after February 10th if bleeding didn´t start until then. This will give you certainty.

Best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago

Sorry, I thought your last period had been in January. If it started 14th of December, you can definitely exclude pregnancy right now.

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele