Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

Just reading as I am 48 and have not had my period since

Customer Question

Just reading as I am 48 and have not had my period since 12/22, but did have sex end of October,,,, I couldn't be pregnant could I? I did bleed in November on a 26 day cycle.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Have you done a pregnancy test? Thank you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Bought one tonight and will take in the morning.

You could be pregnant, but at age 48, it's probably far more likely that the late period is due to hormonal changes related to your age.

Most 48 year old women couldn't get pregnant if they tried. Some do, so it's a possibility.

But if your pregnancy test is negative, I would believe it. Then you could just wait a while and see whether your period comes.

If you don't want to get pregnant, then it's good to use some birth control. If you do want to be pregnant, maybe you'll be lucky. Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Lol! Thank you. My boyfriend has had a V so I am betting age and hormone changes. Thank you! I have never had children and can not imagine at this age! ūüė≥

You're welcome.

With a vasectomy on top of it all, there is no chance of pregnancy.

Please click the rating stars.
Thank you.