OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My name is ***** ***** I am very worried I shaved my bikini…

Customer Question
Hello, my name is...

Hello, my name is ***** *****

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

I am very worried I shaved my bikini and vagina area on Friday morning. Saturday morning I felt like I had cut myself down there as it was slightly tender. Sunday afternoon-Monday morning I noticed a crater like sore starting to form that had a white face into monday night it became larger and more yellow and then this morning I checked it and it was black and brown and now I am bleeding I am not sure if it is from the sore or from me? I am very confused.

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/2/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hello, I'm Dr Manos, MD, board certified obgyn. I need to ask you a few questions to get an idea what's going on. Your age, any history of herpes virus infection on lips of your mouth, allergies. One last question. Did you notice any blood stains immediately after shaving or staining of underwear?

It's Dr Manos again. You haven't responded to my questions.

Hello Dr. Manos,I apologize for the delay. I am 25 and I don't have any history of Herpes Virus infection. I have been tested two months ago and was negative. I am in a committed relationship. I do have mild HPV though. I did notice blood after shaving.

It sounds like you did break the skin and are developing a bacterial infection. You need to be checked this evening and probably started on an antibiotic

If I cannot get to a doctor this week is there any way to take over the counter?

You could get bacitracin ointment and apply it to the spot

Thank you very much! Is there anything else that you recommend I do? Is there any chance it could be an std of some kind? because I have HPV already? like a wart? It is more of an oval (circular) open sore that had white and now its just open and turned kind of brown within 1-2 days

What kind of test did you have for herpes? Some are better than others