How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr Ted Manos Your Own Question
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 706
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr Ted Manos is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have elhars danlos syndrome. A few months ago I ruptured

Customer Question

I have elhars danlos syndrome. A few months ago I ruptured my urethra urinating. Caused a few bladder infection s which we treated w antibiotics. About 5 weeks ago I started having sex w new boyfriend for about a week. I started having bad itching and white discharge. Stopped having sex I have constant thrush, so assumed yeast infection, and treated as such. Long story short, new bo did not work out and I'm back with my ex. This weekend we tried having sex. We noticed after that I had bleed during sex and that the fluid had a foul smell. I haven't bleed again, but foul order still there and feel pressure in vaginal region. I am very self conscious of the odor. I looked and I have 1/2 inch smooth polyps kinda look like petals of a flower but fuller. It is not califlower like. It is not warts, or boils, or cyst like, more like smooth tongue. I do not have a doctor here familiar with Eds. I do not have an ob. It will take months to get into one. I'm not sure if I should go to std clinic cause of odor and having had a new partner. I have never had an std? Or if I can afford to wait to get into an ob gyn.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Ted Manos MD, board certified obgyn. With eds it hard to advise you with a connective tissue disorder. You may need some cauterizing of granulation tissue that has formed from some trauma and it will keep discharging. A walkin facility could help to see what's going on and do some cautery if needed. I hope I've been helpful as I've had a few eds patients over the years

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I have had a very hard time finding even general md s here in ms, who know what Eds is or are willing to learn. I'm willing to travel. Have already been to mayo in Rochester, and prefer not to go back. Are u familiar with areas in the US that my daughters and I could go to, to find a team of docs who are familiar?
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 1 year ago.

You should contact University of Florida Shands Medical Center in Jacksonville FL and see what they could provide.

Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 1 year ago.

It's Dr Manos again. What have you decided? Are you going to wait it out?