OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been on Speintec 28 for quite some time. I took Plan…

Customer Question
I have been on Speintec...
I have been on Speintec 28 for quite some time. I took Plan B back to back and then the next two months I had brown discharge/spotting. This month I only had one day of discharge and I had my period from Tuesday through Monday! I have been having weird stomach pains that only last for a second. I had my Pap smear done at the beginning of the month and it was normal. I have taken several pregnancy test and all have been negative. I also went and had a blood test that was <1. My doctor switched my birth control and I started it yesterday. I still can't figure out what the stomach issues is? Please help
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
2/1/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN

The stomach issues could be anything, but it's certainly not from pregnancy.

The spotting is likely due to taking the Plan B. Unless you miss pills, you don't need Plan B.

I would see how things go now on your new birth control.

I just read online how many woman still have their period throughout their pregnancy. If I was I would be around 19 weeks. I didn't know if this would be movement of the baby that I am feeling or not?

It can't be movement of the baby. You can't be pregnant.

Don't believe everything you read online.

Could it possibly be due to anxiety?

Definitely!

One last thing...would the HcG level ever be non-existent or not able to be tracked?

No. If you're pregnant, the HcG will always be elevated (as long as you're more than 2 weeks past conception).

this would have been 18 weeks ago

You can't be pregnant.

Finally and then I'll will rate. If I usually take my birth control pills at 7pm always. On the third week and the Thursdsy pill of that week I took at 11pm...Am I still safe & protected? That is the only one I took late.

Yes, you are still safe and protected taking your pill 4 hours late.

I have never seen a pregnancy in a woman on the pill unless she missed a pill for at least one day.

It's still advised to take the pills every day at the same time, but 4 hours is close enough.

How long does it take a pill to dissolve? I took my pill at 7pm I just had diarrhea an hour later. What should I do?

Unless you have continuous diarrhea for hours, there should be no problem. The pill is still in your stomach or upper intestines 1 hour after taking, and has probably dissolved and been absorbed.

On birth control pills your period will still cease if you are pregnant correct?

Correct.

One last thing...This pain under my left rib and these little flairs of pain/ nausea is not due to pregnancy? But possible stomach issues.

They're not due to pregnancy. Perhaps it's from stomach issues. You might have to see a doctor to figure it out.

Please click the rating stars. Thank you.

I took another First Response pregnancy test last night but due to the pink line dragging all the way across it leaves residue. And evaporation marks. So, I took Clear Blue Advanced last night and this morning. Both said not pregnant. Do you think Clear Blue test are just as good as First Response?

They all work well.

I just had a hard time reading the early response in some lighting or turned certain ways I felt like I saw something. Maybe just panicked.

If you have a hard time with one, it's worthwhile to try a different one.

I just did clear blue advanced at night and then first thing the next morning. They both said not pregnant. Those are reliable correct? My period just stopped on Monday and I had a blood test of <1. I made a doctor's appointment like you suggested for anxiety.

Your blood test proves that you are not pregnant.

Please click the rating button. Thank you.