OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

Recently I have experience pain near the top bone of my

Customer Question
Hi ***** have experience pain...
Hi ***** have experience pain near the top bone of my cervix
This has been very uncomfortable for over 24 hours and I am in a remote location without adequate medical assistance.
Im 45 have a healthy sex life and am wondering if you may provide some assistance
Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
1/31/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 2 years ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hello, I'm Ted Manos MD, board certified obgyn. I have no idea what you are saying, "near the top bone of my cervix". The cervix is deep in vagina not near a bone. Is the pain around your vagina near the opening and have you been sexually active in the last few days?

It is the labia....at the entrance of the cervix and yes have been very sexually active

Does it hurt to pee? Can you see anything down there with a mirror? It could be an infection from sex. These can get better on their own. You should be checked by a doctor or nurse particularly since it has been many years since last checkup