Dr. Amir Javed
Dr. Amir Javed, Doctor
Experience:  Master in Internal medicine, MBBS With four years of experience (London). Expert in health & fitness
16101430

I am 9 weeks pregnant. I am experiencing cold intolerance. I

Customer Question

Hi Doctor, I am Prajakta Sant. I am 9 weeks pregnant. I am experiencing cold intolerance.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I am staying in North East America. Its cold season here. I am quite used to cold , but since i have become pregnant, I feel that i could barely tolerate cold temperatures. It takes me a lot of time to get better. I feel cold while initiating bath too
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I was 167 pounds in the week 8, But now, that i have been vomiting, i have gone to 166.4 pounds. Is this normal? My Hemoglobin measures 13 and i am taking prenatal multivitamin with Iron and folic acid. I am eating but not bale to eat much because of vomitings.
I normally don't feel cold but am just not able to tolerate cold temperatures. I recently also suffered very bad cough - but had not fever. This is my second pregnancy. In my first pregnancy I had developed gestational diabetes in 7th month. I had baby weighing 5.5 pounds through C section in the 37th week - I was operated because amniotic fluid Index went down to 3. My family has a history of hypothyroidism and diabetes. I have had no health issues before my first pregnancy. None of the issues after delivery too. Everything went normal. Please guide me if you see a potential risk.
Expert:  Dr. Amir Javed replied 1 year ago.

Thanks for the question and coming here. I would like to say that it is very important to have evaluation done by your physician or gynaecologist. It is important to rule out hypotension, acid-peptic disease, underactive thyroid disease, gestational diabetes. I will suggest to eat healthy diet which is very important. Evaluation by physician is important along with important blood tests such as serum TSH level, full blood count,fastening lipid profile and fastening blood sugar level.

Please click positive rating hopefully excellent. I will be happy to continue further and do everything I can to provide you with the service you seek. Don't worry if you forget anything you can always come back to me.

Best wishes
Dr. Amir Javed