OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My Wife is pregnant from last 4 weeks. I have a appointment…

Customer Question
My Wife is pregnant from...
My Wife is pregnant from last 4 weeks. I have a appointment with gynecologist doctor on 8 Feb 2016. Mean while my wife is have a lot of headache and Nausea & vomiting. She is feeling tired as well. The Vomiting are max 2 in a day. But she is have a heavy headache.
Could you please advice any generic medicines for Headache and Nausea.
Thanks
Ishaq
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
1/28/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Josh, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr Josh
Dr Josh, Doctor

First of all congratulations for pregnancy.

Have you tried any medications?

Is she having fever?

Thanks

No She is not having any Fever. And also the Blood pressure is normal.
Hi Dr Josh,Thank you for your quick reply. So my wife is not having fever. I have checked her temperature it's 98.8. And no we did not tried any medications still now.Thanks
Ishaq

Dear,

Thanks for quick reply.

Sorry for delay in reply, i was answering another question.

Well, pregnancy is different for every woman.

Some women glow with good health and vitality during those first three months; others feel absolutely miserable.

Nausea and vomiting affects up to 85% of pregnant women. It's the result of hormone changes in the body. Nausea is usually worst in the morning .

To stop nausea, you can start giving her small, bland, or high- protein snacks (crackers, meat, or cheese) and sipping water, clear fruit juice (apple juice), or ginger ale.

She should eat small meals or snacks every two to three hours instead of three large meals per day. She should not eat fried, greasy, or spicy foods.

She should Sip fluids, such as clear fruit juices, water, or ice chips, throughout day. Don’t drink lots of fluid at one time.

She can be given pregnancy multi-vitamin which contains 10 micrograms (mcg) of vitamin D and 400mcg of folic acid. She should also be given a daily supplement of 400mcg of folic acid, it can be prescribed by her doctor.

For headache, she can take OTC Tylenol, It is pretty safe drug.

She can take Promethazine and Cyclizine to treat pregnancy sickness and taking anti-emetic drugs, like Prochlorperazine (Stemetil) or Metoclopramide, is another way of easing pregnancy nausea.

In case, she is vomiting 3-4 times, a day then please take her to doctor immediately.

If she develops any symptoms of dehydration, then it should be managed by doctor.

I hope this helps.

If there’s more I can do, please use the reply tab and let me know how I can be of further assistance.

My goal is to provide you with excellent service – if you feel you have gotten anything less, please reply back, I am happy to address follow-up questions. Thank you for your business