OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I had the Mirena iud removed last week due to horrible side…

Customer Question
I had the Mirena iud...
I had the Mirena iud removed last week due to horrible side effects. Most are gone, however, I have a new one. An unusual 'fluttering' type feeling vaginally. It's very uncomfortable and comes on sporadically but many times a day. Any idea on what could be causing this? Thank you
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
1/25/2016
OB GYN Doctor: DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST replied 2 years ago
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST

Hi

Is it a new problem? Or was present before minera?

It's a new problem.

Thanks

It is not actually fart but passing of air which has been entraped in the vagina due to vaginal wall opening.

You should be checked for any relaxation of the perineal muscle.

You can try perineal muscle exercise to get rid of this problem.

It's actually not air. It feels more like a twitching, deeper inside.
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS