Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.
Can I have more details please?
- Since when have you had the bump?
- Is it painful?
- Where on the labia do you have it - near the upper hairy part, on the lower end near the vaginal opening?
- How large is it? And has it grown since you first noticed it?
- When did you get your last period? re your periods regular?
- Have you had unprotected sexual intercourse?
Thanks for the reply and the image.
What you have is an enlarged sebaceous gland. There are a large number of sebaceous glands in and around the genital region - the secretions help keep the area supple and moist. Sometimes the duct from the gland gets blocked - either due to a mild infection or due to a small injury. The secretions then collect inside the gland causing it to enlarge and form a bump.
Please apply a warm pack on the bump twice a day for at least 3-5 days. This will help the duct to open up and the secretions to drain. Also take ibuprofen tablets 200mg twice a day for three days - it is available without a prescription.
If the bump remains, you will need to see a doctor.
I hope the answer helped.
Please click on a positive rating to leave feedback.