OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I am trying to have a baby I had my period when I got my iud…

Customer Question
Hi there i am trying...
Hi there i am trying to have a baby I had my period when I got my iud out 15th December it finshed on the 17th December then I was expecting my period on the 11th of Jan it didn't come then on the 17th Jan it turned up but was very light in colour nearly pink then it tried light red for 2 days was very light and didn't have to change my pad for a whole day And even then it wasn't full I Normally have to change it every 2 hours so I was very confused then on the forth day it was brown and just a couple of drops but it finshed and I'm wondering if its implantation bleed or not I took a pregnancy test and it came up negative??
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
1/23/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr.M.D.Mazumdar, Doctor replied 2 years ago
Dr.M.D.Mazumdar

This bled could be one of two things.

One - it could be an implantation bleeding but you have taken the pregnancy test too early. please repeat the test after 7 days of the bleeding for a correct result.

Two - ovulation and periods can be irregular in the first three months after removal of an IUD due to hormonal imbalance. In your case, it is possible that you did not ovulate this month and the period is not a real period but a withdrawal bleeding.

Please repeat the test after 1 week. If it is negative, then this is due to a hormonal imbalance