Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  40 years experience; Board certified Ob-Gyn
88055251

I am a visitor visa and am planning to give birth this

Customer Question

I am a visitor visa and am planning to give birth this coming June 2016. How much it will cost for delivery, check up etc. I don't have health card.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Having a baby in the US can be expensive.

On average, US hospital deliveries cost $3,500 per stay, but it would be more if you needed a c-section or had complications.

Adding in doctor care for before and after the delivery makes the total around $8,800.

Many things will affect the cost, including where you happen to live. Charges will vary around the country and from big cities to small towns.

It may be possible for you to get some help to cover the costs. I would recommend that you talk to a social worker to see if there are options for help. You can get help finding a social worker here http://www.wellness.com/find/clinical%20social%20worker

Best wishes.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
How about here at Canada?

Sorry. I didn't realize you were in Canada.

I'll opt out so that someone familiar with Canada can help you.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok thanks!
Expert:  Dr Ted Manos replied 1 year ago.

Hello, I'm Dr Manos, board certified obgyn. Whether in Canada or USA, you should investigate first with people you know as to the hospital you should consider to have your baby at. You then go to the facility and find out what kind of arrangements that can be made thru the facility to give birth there. They can advise you about the physicians that deliver there or whether they have midwives for low risk deliveries. You should be able to discuss the cost and method of payment. I hope this gives you an idea of how to approach your concern.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Sorry, can I get refund I'm no longer need help and I'm not satisfied to the answer that I'm asking

I'm sorry you're not satisfied asking a question about healthcare options for you. I'm not satisfied that your concern was channeled to me who answers questions everyday about women's concerns about their reproductive health. I don't do charging, billing or keeping up with laws and programs that help people pay for their care. My advice in contacting the facilities that serve patients and there obstetric needs was well meaning. I don't know about a refund as I do not receive anything from Justanswer.com when the customer is dissatisfied.