OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

My last exam my doctor told me i had an ulcer on my cervix,

Customer Question
***** ***** my last...

***** ***** my last exam my doctor told me i had an ulcer on my cervix

Doctor's Assistant: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?

Cause with my last boyfriend, i would bleed during sex. not alot but enough to be noticed. so i went to the doctor for a regular check up and he noticed the ulcer on my cervix, he checked it out and said there is nothing to worry about but my question is how do i know if it went away? and how do i know if i have it again

Doctor's Assistant: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to OB GYN Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. We can help you for less if you're not in a rush. Are you willing to wait a bit?

Yes

Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
1/20/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD

You can only know if a cervical ulcer is gone by having a pelvic exam. What do you mean by "checking it out. "

im assuming he checked if it was infected? he told me not to worry about it. if it is still there how is it removed
what causes them to appear?

A cervical ulcer would not be infected. It was most likely just a ruptured cyst. It would resolve on its own. Ulcers can form due to herpes or syphilis.

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified