OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

I have been sexually inactive for almost 30 years and am 71…

Customer Question
I have been sexually inactive...
I have been sexually inactive for almost 30 years and am 71 years old. I am also a nurse.
There is a chance that I may shortly become sexually active again. I have not had a Gyn exam for I do not know how many years - I think about 20. I stopped menstruating in my early 50's. Several years ago I noticed a small area of rough skin to the left of my perineal area but thought nothing of it as I experienced no pain or any other discomfort. Now I am wondering if I may have a genital wart and if so, could it possibly be an active virus after all this time
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
1/17/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago
Dr Norbert Scheufele

after infection with the HP-virus, the pathogen remains constantly and can cause the building of warts even after many years. So such a correlation is not excluded in your case and to prevent a contamination of your partner I would recomment an examiantion by an OB/GYN before contact.

Best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele