OB GYN

OB-GYN questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

For the past few days I have been experiencing this pain…

Customer Question
For the past few days...
For the past few days I have been experiencing this pain whenever I push to have a bowel movement - in my left very low back/upper buttock. it sometimes hurts a little in that area in the mean time. I have been having irregular periods for the past 6 months and have been having spotting on and off for the past two weeks. Right now i dont have a flow, it is just brownish pink tinted when i wipe but my urine is not bloody. My urine stream also seems to be a little lighter than it usually is and i am having slight discomfort on the lower left side when i have to pee - but no pain/burning when the pee is coming out. Is this a pulled muscle? I originally thought it was because ive had a pain like this before but it hasn't gone away for a few days. It almost feels similar to menstrual cramps but it gets so much worse when I push to poop. I have no symptoms otherwise - no fever. I am a 26 year old overweight female who is not sexually active and there is no chance that i am pregnant. I do have a history of irregular periods but this month has been especially odd - a couple days ive bled for like two hours and then it tapers off. I am also stressed and have anxiety issues.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/17/2016
OB GYN Doctor: DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST replied 2 years ago
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST

Hello

I think the issue like menstrual problem and the pain or cramp during urine are separate problem. The menstrual problem is due to hormonal imbalance due to PCOS or thyroid dysfunction. The urinary problem may be due to cystitis.Other possible reason is PID (pelvic inflammatory disease).

Thanks

What about the pain in the left lower back/upper butt while straining to poop?

Thanks for your reply.

Pain during strain or giving pressure may be due to muscle pull or contraction. You can try a muscle relaxant like mefenemic acid to get rid of this problem.

Is any of this anything I should be seriously worried about? What can I do about the menstrual problem until I can see a doctor?

I think there is nothing to be worried at this moment.

A thorough investigation like straight x Ray of lower vertebra including pelvis,USG of lower abdomen and pelvis, blood tests for TSH,LH,FSH.etc. Please wait to see a doctor for examination and investigation.

Thank you

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified