OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I am ***** ***** and would like to ask clarification

Customer Question
Customer: Hi i am *****...
Customer: Hi i am ***** ***** and would like to ask clarification regarding breast scan that i had yesterday
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: the final result is still to be issued later today but initial findings is like this: B/L cyst the largest one is on the left breast 12 o'clock position measuring about 1.51 x 1.79 cm tabulated cyst with with internal septation/subtation AND B/L axillary lymph phrode
JA: OK got it. Last thing — OB GYN Doctors generally expect a deposit of about $18 to help with your type of question (you only pay if satisfied). Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
Now they are referring me to surgeon for further advise. Can please enlighten me with these so that Ill have a better understanding of my situation. Thank you for your help and assistance.
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/13/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Tim, MD, Board Cert. OB/GYN replied 1 year ago
Dr. Tim, MD
Dr. Tim, MD, Board Cert. OB/GYN

Thank you for the question and I am happy to help. Here is how I interpret the results based on what you have provided:

1. You have bilateral cysts (meaning in both breasts)

2. The largest cyst is in the left breast in the upper middle area

3. This cyst has some complex features (a septation)

4. I do not know what you mean by the word 'phrode' and I believe that this is a mispelling

Depending on your age, this is not necessarily concerning. Cystic areas in the breast are common and almost always benign. You don't comment that there were any solid areas or calcifications, which would be more concerning. I think that the referral to a Breast Surgeon is wise. We do this all of the time for abnormal findings. Do not expect the worst. They should, however, get you in within a short period of time.

I hope that this helps.

Dr. Tim

I am just following up to see if you received my answer. Do you have any further questions?

Dr. Tim

Dr. Tim, MD
Dr. Tim, MD
Dr. Tim, MD, Board Cert. OB/GYN