Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I recently got to know that I'm pregnant by a home pregnancy

Customer Question

I recently got to know that I'm pregnant by a home pregnancy test. I need to fly long distance in this week. So I don't know if is it safe to travel in initial pregnancy also if I've to travel then what precautions and medicines I should take with me. Please reply me asap. TIA!!
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

Flying on commercial airlines is considered safe during pregnancy. The main risk is that miscarriages are not uncommon, and you could start bleeding a long way from home. But flying is safe and doesn't cause miscarriage.

You don't need any special precautions. It's good to take vitamins with folic acid during early pregnancy, but there are no other medicines that you need to take. Congratulations!