OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My name is ***** ***** and I am 35, nearly 36 of age. I just

Customer Question
Customer: Hello my name is...
Customer: Hello my name is ***** ***** and I am 35, nearly 36 of age. I just received my smear test results and was diagnosed with "severe non-specific inflammatory cellular changes". My gynae said I should undertake treatment. I am concerned about my age, fertility and potential abnormalities in pregnancy as I have no kids and I plan on getting pregnant within the next few months. I am also considering sperm donation combined with gender selection (PGS with IVF) as I dont have a partner but I would like to have a child before it's too late. Could you please offer some guidance? Many thanks in advance, ***** *****
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: I I have repeat bacterial vaginosis and I also had a byopsy to ascertain whether the uterine polyps were cancerous, which resulted in the negative. However, I still do have polyps and I occasionally have mid-cycle bleeding. All these issues, coupled with the age issue, is worrying me a lot, particularly the increased risk of a Down's sydrome
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to OB GYN Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: I would like to make sure I have a healthy baby even if I am a single mother. I was on a long term relationship but now it's over and I am not inclined to start all over again. I would like to do it on my own basically
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I made the payment. How do I proceed please?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
My question is how possible is it to undergo the procedure of IVF combined with PGS for gender selection. I want to have a healthy baby girl as a single mother using a sperm donor. I am overly concerned about my age and the matters I've been diagnosed with over these last few years. I would greatly appreciate a prompt response
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
CAN YOU PLEASE ANSWER MY QUESTIONS???
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/5/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr David, Doctor replied 1 year ago
Dr David
Dr David, Doctor

This is Dr. David

I am sorry about your pap smear results showing cellular changes.

you might need a colposcopy and biopsy of your cervix to see why it is inflamed.

did you get HPV testing of your pap smear cells?

yes, it is possible to undergo IVF with gender selection

but first your cervical inflammation has to be diagnosed and worked up

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified