OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Chronic vaginosis with fishy smell and discomfort. What can

Customer Question
I do? What would be...
Chronic vaginosis with fishy smell and discomfort. What can I do? What would be the cause? What can a doctor prescribe? I did a PH test and it is off balance
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
1/2/2016
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD

This is bacterial vaginosis. It is an imbalance of the vaginal flora in which anaerobic organisms overgrow. The most common treatment would be metronidazole either oral or vaginal. It is a prescription,

What could be the cause of it? Could it be dietary related? It's been something I've been dealing with for a while. Reoccurring,

Its not dietary related. It is not recurrent if it has not ever been treated

Dr. K.
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD