How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. K. Your Own Question
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 4376
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. K. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

Chronic vaginosis with fishy smell and discomfort. What can

Customer Question

Chronic vaginosis with fishy smell and discomfort. What can I do? What would be the cause? What can a doctor prescribe? I did a PH test and it is off balance
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

This is bacterial vaginosis. It is an imbalance of the vaginal flora in which anaerobic organisms overgrow. The most common treatment would be metronidazole either oral or vaginal. It is a prescription,

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What could be the cause of it? Could it be dietary related? It's been something I've been dealing with for a while. Reoccurring,
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Its not dietary related. It is not recurrent if it has not ever been treated