Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

My daughter hasn't had a period in 9 months. Before they

Customer Question

My daughter hasn't had a period in 9 months. Before they ended she had frequent bleeding - her periods were coming every 2 weeks. She is 24. Her gyno. put her on a birth control. She took it 1 month and stopped as it made her sick. Her period never restarted after that 1 month of bc. Her gyno gave her a medication to take and after 10 days her period was supposed to start. It hasn't. Now they want her to come back in for more tests. Her PAP is normal. She is 5'4 and weighs 113 lbs. She is a runner. Runs and works out 7 days a week.
How scared should I be? They are now going to test her for PCOS. I'm a wreck and she is a wreck.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 year ago.

the reason for this problem is a hormonal imbalance, a surplus of male hormones could play a role. I would suggest a checkup by an endocrinologist, therapy then depends on the result.

Hope your daughter get well soon, best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele