Dr. SH
Dr. SH, Doctor
Experience:  Board Certified MD
28323552

I am just over 29 weeks pregnant and have been suffering

Customer Question

Hi Dr.
I am just over 29 weeks pregnant and have been suffering stress relating to my pregnancy Th entire time. I am on cipralex. The other night while in bed (not having a particular stressful time), I was laying on my side and all of a sudden my belly started to shake and move strongly and uncontrollably. It felt like the baby was freaking out/spazzing/thrashing around and was literally trying to burst out of my belly. It freaked me out. I am concerned she was having a fit/seizure. Please advise. It honestly felt like my abdomen was going to erupt. This lasted around 4-6 seconds.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. SH replied 1 year ago.

Thank you for your question.

The episode that you experienced is HIGHLY UNLIKELY to have been anything serious or anything to worry about.

Even though you were not particularly stressed at the time this happened but stress does take a toll on the body and can cause one to have such symptoms even in periods where the person is not particularly stressed out.

So I still think that it was related to your anxiety and nothing serious.

I would still recommend that you be seen for this and be evaluated fully to put your mind to ease.

Let me know if you have more questions.

Please rate me by clicking on one of the rating options at your end.

Kindest regards