Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I'm ***** *****. I am curious about whether I should have

Customer Question

Customer: I'm ***** *****. I am curious about whether I should have surgery and have my uterus removed. 7 years ago I had an ablation. My doctor said my uterus was the size of a 3 month pregnant woman at that time, but I was getting ready to travel overseas in about 2 months and didn't have time to recuperate from major surgery, so we decided on an ablation. I also have scar tissue from a tubal (was removed when I had hernia repair surgery 20 years ago) but has since grown back. It feels like the size of a mans fist. Is like a knot that you can see and feel.
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: In addition as i have grown older I have bladder incontinence, so I am wondering whether I need to have surgery to help with this and to remove the uterus. I am beyond child bearing, obviously
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to OB GYN Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: sure
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Kala replied 1 year ago.

.

Hi, I am privileged to help you get more understanding about your current concern. I can also provide you with additional services, such as live telephone or Skype consultation, at a small additional cost. Let me know if you are interested.

A few questions first to clarify your concern:

1. Why are you considering surgery?

2. Are you have pain or excessive bleeding from the fibroid?

3. Do you no longer want to have children?