OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

My name is ***** ***** and its about my period. I am

Customer Question
Customer: My name is *****...
Customer: My name is ***** ***** and its about my period. I am currently on birth control and I have been having a heavy period but I seem to be bleeding through my tampons very quickly, like ever hour and am a little concerned because it has never been this heavy
JA: Thanks. Can you give me any more details about your issue?
Customer: Well I have PCOS and I have been on the pill for about a month now because I am sexually active with my boyfriend. I have been having the worst back cramps and like I said very heavy bleeding, more so than in the past. I am changing my tampon ever half an hour to an hour
JA: OK got it. Last thing — JustAnswer charges a fee (generally around $18) to post your type of question to OB GYN Experts (you only pay if satisfied). There are a couple customers ahead of you. Are you willing to wait a bit?
Customer: Ok
JA: OK. Now I'm going to take you to a page to place a secure deposit with JustAnswer. Don't worry, this chat is saved. After that, we will finish helping you.
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
12/21/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago
Dr Norbert Scheufele

a possibility to reduce the intensity of bleeding in this case is the use of transexamic acid which your OB/GYN can prescribe. It only has to be used during the time of bleeding and should resolve your problem.

Best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele