Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

My girlfriend missed two days of birth control and we had

Customer Question

My girlfriend missed two days of birth control and we had sex
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified ob-gyne. I can help you today.

I'm sorry to hear about the missed pills. The safest thing to do is for her to double up the missed pills 2 days in a row and take a morning after pill such as Plan B as soon as possible. If she's been on the pills for a while and good about taking them daily before this, chance is very low that she released an egg. The Plan B will lower the risk in the small chance that she did.

Please reply with questions if you need more details. I want to be sure you have the most helpful information for your situation.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She said she didn't ovulate
She under alot of stress
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She didn't take a morning after pill
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

So I'd follow the above instructions. She should take 2 pills daily for 2 days to catch-up the missed pills. Then also take Plan B as soon as possible. That's available at most pharmacies without a prescription. If she does both of those things, the risk of pregnancy will be quite close to zero. To be super safe, she should skip the next row of blank placebo pills and start a new pack as soon as she's done with the 3rd row of her current pill pack. That will assure that you're protected fully as soon as possible again and keep the risk of pregnancy over the next month close to zero.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
She started a new pack after we had sex
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

So how many days ago was this? If it was more than 5 days ago, it's too late to take any morning after pill. In that case you'll want to run a home urine pregnancy test 14 days after the sex. Use the first urine of the morning. If that test is negative, she's not pregnant. Any other questions?

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

If no more questions, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks and good luck. Risk of pregnancy sounds low.