OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Can i take injectable contraception myself?

Customer Question
can i take injectable contraception myself?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
12/14/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago
Dr Norbert Scheufele

the medication for injectable contraception has to be given only every 3 month (medroxyprogesteronacetate). I would suggest to visit your OB/GYN for it, but as it is an intramuscular injection, you can also ask him to teach you for doing it yourself.

Best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

My boyfriend is a medical resident and he reviewed the drug and everything about it including the benefits, side effects and precautions and he feels he can give it to me himself. He said I'm medically free, and have no health issues that could prevent me from using the injection.He is not a specialist or an OBGYN.He also prefers it over the pills. i just want to get some input, thank you.
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago

in this case I see no contradiction for you to use the injection method that way, your OB/GYN will confirm it too for sure.

OB GYN Doctor: Dr Norbert Scheufele,
 replied 2 years ago

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele