Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD
Experience:  Board certified OB/GYN with 20 years of experience.
65718478

I had a hysterosalpingogram done on Thursday, October 29th.

Customer Question

I had a hysterosalpingogram done on Thursday, October 29th. After a few days I started bleeding a lot (clots) and I called my doctor on November 4th They said it enduses periods and not to be concerned. I continued to bleed and called again on November 10th. They put me on an antibiotic and said to call if I continued to bleed after I was done with the medicine. I did. I called and got an appointment November 18th. The doctor put me on a low-estrogen birth control. It slowed it down and stopped it on November 23. I then started to cramp and started my cycle again November 26 and it was heavy by December 2nd I went to my OB GYN and he put me on a higher dose of birth control and to take 4 on December 3rd. I have been taking my birth control consistently at 730 everyday. I then started my period again December 10th. This time it is heavier and horrible cramping on my pelvis. I feel like my answer I have gotten is birth control, but it only helps for a few days.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

As you continue to take the higher doses of birth control, you will experience a heavier withdrawal bleed after you finish. It sounds like you should stop the birth control. Its very possible that you developed endometritis due to the hsg. This is an infection of the inside of the uterus. I think that you need a course of antibiotics.

Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

Do you need more help?