How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS Your Own Question
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 1886
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I found a very large very hard mass on the back of my

Customer Question

I found a very large very hard mass on the back of my vigina. Not long and sticks out.. Inside left. Also I have severe cramping pains on my lower left stomach right above my vagina bone
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.


the mass you felt inside the vagina? is it painful?is it seen normally or you have to fell it by inserting your finger?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was paid full on my lower left abdomen after messing with it... Like a really painful cramping.. And I have to insert my middle finger fully to feel it
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.


From your your description it seems to be bartholyn cyst.

You have take an antibiotic course along with anti inflammatory drugs.

In case of recurrence it has to be excised.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked up pictures and info on the type of cyst you mentioned and does not sound or loom like what I'm trying to describe.. Could it be possible its something else? Its rather large and shaped like a long door handle...
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.



It is really difficult to give the diagnosis without examining it. I just said the possibility. There are three conditions like bartholyn cyst, labial cyst,or gurtner duct cyst. Confirmation has to be done after clinical examination. In my opinion you must see a gynecologist for examination for early management.