DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS
DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS, CONSULTANT GYNAECOLOGIST
Experience:  MBBS(CAL)MD(G&O)
15221770

I found a very large very hard mass on the back of my

Customer Question

I found a very large very hard mass on the back of my vigina. Not long and sticks out.. Inside left. Also I have severe cramping pains on my lower left stomach right above my vagina bone
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  DR PRABIR KUMAR DAS replied 1 year ago.

hi

the mass you felt inside the vagina? is it painful?is it seen normally or you have to fell it by inserting your finger?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It was paid full on my lower left abdomen after messing with it... Like a really painful cramping.. And I have to insert my middle finger fully to feel it

Thanks

From your your description it seems to be bartholyn cyst.

You have take an antibiotic course along with anti inflammatory drugs.

In case of recurrence it has to be excised.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Excised?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I looked up pictures and info on the type of cyst you mentioned and does not sound or loom like what I'm trying to describe.. Could it be possible its something else? Its rather large and shaped like a long door handle...

Hi

Thanks

It is really difficult to give the diagnosis without examining it. I just said the possibility. There are three conditions like bartholyn cyst, labial cyst,or gurtner duct cyst. Confirmation has to be done after clinical examination. In my opinion you must see a gynecologist for examination for early management.