Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

My race dog just rammed the back of my calf. It feels like a

Customer Question

My race dog just rammed the back of my calf. It feels like a GIANT Charlie horse radiating pain down to my toes. Am I at risk for a blood clot since I'm 22weeks pregnant? Would it be helpful to take aspirin?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

You are at somewhat increased risk for a blood clot because you're pregnant.

The injury to your calf may or may not increase your risk of blood clotting.

Probably the best thing you can do to prevent a blood clot in your leg is to keep active by walking.

It's uncertain whether taking aspirin would be helpful. I think it might (taking a baby aspirin daily), but with regular walking, I don't think it's necessary. Best regards.