OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have had mild itching in my vulva for a couple of years

Customer Question
and I always thought it...
I have had mild itching in my vulva for a couple of years and I always thought it was a yeast over growth but I never found relief from treatment. Today I took a mirror and inspected the area and I found a small red patch and what looks like a black mole and some purple raised area all on the same side where I am itchy. I am now concerned about Vulvar Cancer. Should I be concerned?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/3/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 1 year ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN

I would at least be concerned enough to see your doctor.

It's difficult to say very much from the description. It could be all benign changes, or it could be cancer.

I would see your doctor for evaluation. Very likely it will require a biopsy or two to know for sure what's going on. Best wishes.

Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN