OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I had unprotected sex with two people. guy #1 came inside of

Customer Question
me around November 2nd, possibly...
I had unprotected sex with two people. guy #1 came inside of me around November 2nd, possibly at a later date but not too long after the 2nd. guy #2 had sex with me November 11th but did not cum inside of me. i took plan b a few hours later. I know this sounds awful, but that same day guy #1 came inside of me again. after that I only had sex with guy #1, and we used condoms. on November 29th I found out I was pregnant. my last period was sometime around Halloween although it was quite light and could have possibly been implantation bleeding. before that "period" I only had sex with guy #1. who could the father be?
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I should also say that I was feeling pregnancy symptoms about a week, or even two, before I took the pregnancy test on the 29th.
Answered in 1 hour by:
12/3/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 1 year ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD

Of course the father could be either since you had sex with both men on the same day. It's most likely the man who ejaculated.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
if you go by when I most likely would have ovulated (assuming my last period was around Halloween), would I have already conceived before I took emergency contraception?
Customer reply replied 1 year ago
I started feeling pregnancy symptoms a few days after the 11th.

No you conceived on the 11th unless that period was not a real period

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
even though I had unprotected sex earlier that month and after that period had ended?

If the oct 31 period was not a real period you may have become pregnant sooner. You need an ultrasound.

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
you're not answering my other question. I said I had unprotected sex around the second of November, possibly a little after. I asked if it was possible I conceived before the 11th and before I would have taken emergency contraception. you said no and that I would have conceived on the eleventh. but if someone ejaculated inside of me before that day, how is not possible I would have become pregnant?
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN replied 1 year ago
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN

Since it was only a light period around Halloween, it's possible that it was implantation bleeding or perhaps just irregular bleeding. So you may have gotten pregnant in October.

An ultrasound will help to know, since it will be able to tell your conception date within 1 week (as long as the ultrasound is done before 10 weeks).

Customer reply replied 1 year ago
but my other question is still not being answered! let's assume that I did have my period in October. I had unprotected sex before the 11th too in EARLY November. but I was told no that I could not have conceived before that and that I would have conceived on the 11th. I took plan b on the 11th but not any time before that. isn't it possible that I could have conceived before I took the emergency contraceptive? how could it not be possible that I conceived in early November, before those instances on the 11th?

Since you had a positive pregnancy test on November 29, you most likely got pregnant 2 weeks or more before that. And since you had pregnancy symptoms for a week or more before November 29, then you likely got pregnant early November or earlier.

Since you didn't have a definite period late October, it's very hard to know just when you got pregnant without an ultrasound.

With an ultrasound, you'll have a good idea about when you got pregnant.

Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN