Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

I am trying to see if i should call an obgyn to get tested

Customer Question

Hi so i am trying to see if i should call an obgyn to get tested for pregnancy i havent had my period since sept 22 so im 2 months late i have taken pregnacy test but they all say neg and i have sympotoms.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne with 30+ years of experience. I can help you today.

Home pregnancy tests are very accurate so if it's saying negative, you aren't pregnant. There are a lot of other reasons for skipping periods. The most common is stress. Most women skip a few periods during their life due to stress. Thyroid disease and elevations in prolactin hormone are 2 other reasons that we test for by drawing blood. Other reasons include various medications, excess exercise, eating disorders, polycystic ovarian syndrome, early menopause and a few others. But by far the most common reason is stress. And in your age group, followed by polycycstic ovarian syndrome.

Please ask questions if I can clarify anything or add details. I want to be sure you have the most helpful information for your situation.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

If no more questions, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback.