Dr Norbert Scheufele
Dr Norbert Scheufele,
Experience:  specialist at self employed
28905844

I wonder if you can help me i have been on the depo provera

Customer Question

Good day i wonder if you can help me i have been on the depo provera injection for 6 years but decided to stop taking it after my wedding in september. My husband and i do not have a sex life as the injection took my sex drive away. Is there something i can take to help me get it back quick? The gynocoltis gave me a pill but i can only start using it after i had my first period but that can take 3 years.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 year ago.

the reason for this problem can be a hormonal imbalance. To resolve it, I would suggest the use of monk´s pepper (Vitex agnus-castus). This is a natural preparation that you will get without prescription.

Hope you wll have a quick success, best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I live in South Africa and never heard of this medicine the docter said i must leave the injection and when i start with my period i need to start with Triodebe ED as a precaution and to get in routine or cycle but i wondered if i can start using it before my periods as my hormones changing the whole time and im tired and no sex drive

You can start a hormonal treatment like this anytime without waiting for the period. The only thing is, that protection then is not given during the first cycle. Nevertheless I would suggest to ask for the mentioned monk´s pepper at pharmacy at least.

if there are still open questions, I will be glad to answer them.Otherwise please don´t forget to honour my work with a kindly rating.

Thanks a lot, all the best for you,

Dr. N. Scheufele