OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

I have parts of my coming out, no pain, how concerned should

Customer Question
I have parts of my...
I have parts of my Virginia coming out , no pain , how concerned should I be I'm 52 haven't had a period for 6 months, I am not sexually active now, it's the front of the Virginia
Submitted: 1 year ago.Category: OB GYN
11/23/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN replied 1 year ago
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN

Hello, I'm Dr. Manos, obgyn. I imagine you have a bulging of the vagina which is usually what we call a cystocele where the vaginal wall adjacent to a woman's urinary bladder sags down through the vaginal opening. It's not a significant problem as long as it doesn't cause discomfort or leakage of urine. You should have a gyn checkup to advise further including conservative management or sometimes a pessary.

Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos
Dr Ted Manos, Board Certified OB/GYN