Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

I am 35 years old. I was diagnosed with having a bicorniate

Customer Question

I am 35 years old. I was diagnosed with having a bicorniate uterus during my first pregnancy. I have had 5 C-sections (2000,2001,2003,2005,2006). After my 5th, I also had a tubal ligation. In 2010, I had a unilateral oopherectomy due to a ruptured cyst that also caused my ovary to rupture. Since then, I have had a miscarriage in 2013. From then till now my periods have been more normal than ever and always on time. At this moment, I havent had a period in almost 3 months. I've taken two different home pregnancy tests that both were negative. Is it possible that I am shifting into menopause? Or that I am pregnant again? Or should I be worried about something more serious?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

It's not unusual to miss periods when you're 35 years old. As long as your pregnancy test is negative, it's most likely due to the hormonal changes of being 35 years old.

It doesn't mean that menopause is close, but it does mean that your periods are likely to be less regular in the future.

It's also quite unlikely to be anything serious.

Since you haven't had a period for 3 months, it's worthwhile to see your doctor. Assuming that everything else is normal, some progesterone pills will bring on a period. That will help to verify that the missed periods are just due to a change in hormones. Best wishes.