How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Your Own Question
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 3064
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a sore on my uretha, I have instistal cystitis and

Customer Question

I have a sore on my uretha, I have instistal cystitis and very low ph 5 I take potassium, citrate but ran out about 2 weks ago, hurts very bad when I urinate. I haven't been sexually active for 20 years
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today.

I'm sorry to hear about your sore urethra. To relieve the discomfort, women can use an over the counter medication called Uristat. This relieves spasms in the urethra. Also application of the over the counter Oragel anesthetic gel can provide topical pain relief. If still having symptoms on Monday, it would be best to call your gynecologist or primary care doctor for evaluation. I hope you feel better soon. Please reply if I can clarify or add details.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

If no more questions, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.