Dr. D. Love, Doctor
Experience:  Family Physician for 10 years; Hospital Medical Director for 10 years.
21597572

I had sex for the second time with my boyfriend and the

Customer Question

hi, I had sex for the second time with my boyfriend and the first time my stomach cramped for 2 day and then the second time I started bleeding during intercourse what is the problem?
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Posted by JustAnswer at customer's request) Hello. I would like to request the following Expert Service(s) from you: Live Phone Call. Let me know if you need more information, or send me the service offer(s) so we can proceed.
Expert:  Dr. D. Love replied 1 year ago.

Hello from JustAnswer.

Did the cramping start quickly after the first encounter?

Was there any pain during intercourse with either encounter?

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
No there was no pain during just after

Thank you for the additional information.

There are several possibilities to consider in this situation. Some of the possible causes are more of a concern than others.

When there is cramping for several days or bleeding after intercourse, one of the first concerns would be if there is an infection, which can be of the vagina, cervix, or uterus. I ask about the onset of cramping because the rapid onset of symptoms would clearly indicate that this would not be due to any infection that was transmitted during the first encounter. For any of the infections that could have been transmitted during a sexual encounter and then cause these symptoms, it would take a couple days for the symptoms to start. So, if there is an infection that caused the cramping to start quickly after the first encounter and the bleeding after the second encounter, the infection would have already started prior to the first encounter. If you were sexually active prior to this partner, then it could still be a sexually transmitted germ from a prior partner. It also could be a non-sexually transmitted germ.

There are other medical conditions that also can cause cramping or bleeding after intercourse, including inflammation of the cervix, vaginal sores, or various growths, such as polyps

It is possible to get a certain amount of cramping or bleeding from situations that are medical conditions, per se, such as excessive friction during sex or more vigorous encounter of sex, vaginal dryness or tightness, which also may be related to increased stress.

In a woman without an apparent reason for cramping and bleeding, it would be better to be seen to exclude conditions that would warrant specific treatment, particularly an infection.

The system also says that you have request a phone consultation, so I will send that request if you still desired a discussion after reading the typed answer.

If I can provide any further information, either within this forum or by phone, please let me know