How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Dr. C. Your Own Question
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 3064
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
Dr. C. is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have had a full hysterectomy years ago. I don't have sex

Customer Question

I have had a full hysterectomy years ago. I don't have sex because it' very painful. If I use lubricants it doesn't help the pain, and it's very frustrating for my husband because there is no traction he tells me that I am to open down there. It's like an old opened cow. This is very hurtful and I don't want to have sex because it's very frustrating and painful, what can I do to make our sex life work when I am so open. Is there any kind of surgery to make me smaller. I have talked to two doctors which are family doctors they tell me that I am dry and use lubrications like hormone cream or KY Jell, this doesn't work. I am too open and the penis doesn't get any traction, no muscle to hold the penis in, I guess that is the way you would say it.
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Hi, It's Dr. C. Board certified Ob-gyne. I can help you today.

I'm sorry that you're having so much trouble. The most likely thing to help is a combination of estrogen cream and a surgery to tighten the vaginal walls. This type of surgery is called an AP repair. This stands for anterior and posterior repair. The walls of the vagina can get loose from giving vaginal birth or even with aging. The proper doctor to do such a repair is called a uro-gynecologist. This is a gynecologist who has had additional training in such surgery. That type of surgery along with the regular use of estrogen cream to keep the tissue healthy would be the most likely to help restore a satisfactory sex life.

I hope this has been helpful. Please reply if I can clarify anything.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

If no more questions, please leave a rating for my service. I aim for excellent and appreciate your feedback. Thanks.

Expert:  Dr. C. replied 1 year ago.

Any further questions?