How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site.
    Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask DrRussMD Your Own Question
DrRussMD, Board Certified Physician
Category: OB GYN
Satisfied Customers: 64628
Experience:  Internal Medicine--practice all of internal medicine, all ages, family, health, prevention, complementary medicine, etc.
Type Your OB GYN Question Here...
DrRussMD is online now
A new question is answered every 9 seconds

I have a very painful hard lump that is from my anus and

Customer Question

I have a very painful hard lump that is from my anus and back on the left. It feels like it could be in the perinial area as well. it's been there for about 4 days and it's so painful it's hard to sit and when i walk there is a lot of pressure and pain. I've been taking tylenol and warm sitz baths, but it seems ice helps a bit. I was struggling with what I though was a hemmorrhoid a few weeks ago, not sure if it's related as i'm still itchy
Submitted: 1 year ago.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  khagihara replied 1 year ago.

How old are you? How tall are you? How much do you weigh? Can you attach the photos here? Is it itchy? Any other symptoms? Are you aware anything which might have brought this on? Any medical problem? Any surgeries? Any medications including over-the-counter pills and herbs? Any family medical history?

Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.


The possibilities here are

very severe hemorrhoid

rectal prolapse

Abscess or cyst.

Needs exam regardless.

I will be glad to look at a photo, but you will still need an exam given

this degree of pain.

I am a double board certified US doctor.

Find me anytime in medical

Please click a positive rating at the top of the answer page.

let me know if you have more questions.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The lump is under the skin so you can't really see it.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

All of the above possibilities I gave you still apply.

So it will need to be examined and palpated [felt] by your doctor.

Please read my list again above.

Please click a positive rating.

then let me know if you have further questions.