Dr. Norm S.
Dr. Norm S., Board Certified OB/GYN
Experience:  Over 30 years of experience in OB/GYN practice, including teaching students. Fellow of American Board of Obstetrics and Gynecology.
13711182

D.Love. I got my periods 1st of october but for the november

Customer Question

Hello Dr.D.Love. I got my periods 1st of october but for the november month i got them on 6th. I had sex during 3rd day of my periods and i stopped bleeding. Does it effect ? Is there any chances of getting pregnant ? If so, Please give me your suggestions in not being pregnant. Thank you.
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. Norm S. replied 1 year ago.

If a woman is having very regular periods, she cannot get pregnant on the third day of her period, since her fertile time was 2 weeks earlier.

However, if she is not having regular periods, then it's possible that she is having bleeding that is not due to previous ovulation. In that case, she could possibly ovulate and become pregnant even though she is bleeding.

So I would recommend that you take Plan B, just to be sure. Best wishes.