Anthony Bray MD
Anthony Bray MD, Doctor
Experience:  Trained in obstetrical care and routine gynecology. 14 years experience as a family physician.
13781349

A few days ago I was sweating and itchy under my breast on

Customer Question

A few days ago I was sweating and itchy under my breast on the fold. I scratched and now there is this. Is this inflammatory breast cancer looking? It isn't rough or thick skin.
Category: OB GYN
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Here
Expert:  Dr Norbert Scheufele replied 1 year ago.

in this case I case I can reassure you, this is definitely nothing malignant. It´s only a slight inflammatory reaction and no reason to worry. A cooling compress should help.

Best regards,

Dr. N. Scheufele

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. I googled and I saw inflammatory breast cancer and became very worried. Does that present with a more significant rash?

Yes, it would be a much bigger area and the skin would change like orange peel.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. And between my two breasts is also some redness. Is this just an irritation from sweat and humidity? Its been there fr 3 days.
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I want to make sure that, this isnt something serious like inflammatory breast cancer

For sure it´s no cancer, perhaps a yeast infection could be possible.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Another photo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could you please let me know if this is suspicious or something serious
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photo
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
The flash make it look red. It isn't red. More pink. Calms down with some cortisone

Recovery by cortisone is indicative for an inflammatory reason, but it´s definitely no cancer for sure.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photo
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hello

To answer your question specifically.

This looks like

a. irritation

b. allergy or contact reaction.

c. if it spread, fungal infection.

No cancer here.

I am sure your doctor has told you this.

OK, so that is an initial answer….

Please use reply to expert if you have further questions. When you are ready, please click a positive rating [hopefully excellent]. If you forgot something, come back. I am here daily.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Ok. Thank you. Haven't seen a doctor. Just have used cortisone and acne medication to help.Happened after running in a sports bra and itching.
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

That makes sense.

Simple irritation.

Apparently you have a lot of anxiety about breast cancer.

There is no reason in this case.

Please click a positive rating , the scale is at the top of this page.

Then, if needed, let me know if you have another question.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thanks. I have a few red blotches on my belly too. Does that also point away from the red only breast being cancer? Between my breast?
Expert:  DrRussMD replied 1 year ago.

Hi

It would have nothing to do with breast cancer.

I will need to see a positive rating at this point. That is the only way we are paid, per positive rating, and the only way we can provide this service.

Thanks

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I'm asking if the red blotch under my breast could be inflammatory breast cancer. Also, I have a few blotches the same looking as the breast on my belly. I'm asking if this means it's dermititis or if the breast irritation could be cancer
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photo
Expert:  Anthony Bray MD replied 1 year ago.

Hello!

I see that Dr. Thomas has opted out. I have read the history above and exchange of questions and answers. I have reviewed your photos . The areas of skin inflammation look confined to area between breasts in center chest and the lower margin of the left breast on bra line ...this looks consistent with inflammation as a contact dermatitis possibly ...heat and moisture of skin has probably contributed to these changes

I recommend

1) This next week keep skin cool and dry...hold off for week with vigorous exercise ...this change alone is probably going to correspond to skin irritation resolving in short time

2) 1 PERCENT hydrocortisone should help...apply this over the counter cream twice a day over next 5 to 7 days

3) This is not a presentation of breast cancer ...not at all...I agree with opinions above on this point ...try to quit worrying over this and breast cancer

I hope that this information is helpful for you.Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.If my answers have been helpful and to your satisfaction then please remember to leave positive feedback.Thank you and Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Thank you Dr Bray.I was at a theme park today and it's very hot in south Florida so it appears a little worse. I will take your advice.So the patches that are appearing aren't anything like inflammatory bc?

Hello again,

No it does not look as any worry whatsoever as to bring breast cancer related. Zero suscpicion for this.

South Florida makes sense ...heat and humidity are factors here I think very much ( these conditions make the skin more susceptible to inflammation) so try to stay more cool and dry and that will help...1 PERCENT hydrocortisone will likely help you...

Treat this well and it should clear in a few days time !!

I hope that this is helpful for you

Let me know if you have further concerns!

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Bray having a very bad night and morning with fear and anxiety. The under side of my breast is clearing.
I have this blemish on my breast. Acne medicine won't work and cortisone helps a little. It is like a pore or something. I am so so so sick and worried over googling inflammatory breast cancer. I see some people say it looks like a big bite. But is it a red bite? This is pink. About the size of a pencil head
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It's been there one week.

Hello again,

The appearance here is not that specific ...it may clear with the hydrocortisone in a short time ...if it persists or changes to worry you then see a dermatologist for follow up. You are showing more of a health anxiety with the worry over inflammatory breast cancer though ...(Careful when consulting Dr.Google --- often very fear provoking and not reliable I'm afraid ...)

Let me know if you have further questions or concerns.Best regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
What do you mean, not specific?
Is there a chance this could be early inflammatory breast cancer?

Hello again,

That term just means there are several possible reasons for the rash

No I don't think that it is related to inflammatory breast cancer ! The rash on current picture looks better than last photo I reviewed and a different location it appears ...it does not look characteristic of inflammatory breast cancer-- no to that ...Try not to panic that you have that !!

Let me know if you have further questions.Take Care !

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Could this be a pore or a rash? Could this be related to the condition on my abdomen that is pityasis rosea? I have a mild type on my stomach. But this spot won't go away with any cream. It is lighter and smaller when I wake up and then I start checking it and feeling it. It's been a week! So worried that this is inflammatory breast cancer. I didn't sleep. It's very agonizing. Online I read that some cancer looks like a bug bite.

Hello again,

A week is a very short time in the scheme of things ...so remain calm on that point ...it is not breast cancer that has emerged in a week ...that would not make sense ..

It may relate to pityriasis ...

It is not only a pore ...no to that ...

I would watch it over the next several days ...I think it will clear up for you in short time ...try to be patient !

Take Care ---

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I thought maybe an ingrown hair in a pore. I'm just worried.

Hello again,

It does not look like an ingrown hair ...

It does not look like an inflammatory breast cancer ..

Is it itching now ?

How does it look compared to 3 to 5 days ago? Does it seem to be improving ??

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
It doesn't itch at all. It seems to be the same. This was when I found it.

Hello again,

Ok it looks less defined or prominent now vs the prior picture so I think it will go on to clear up for you. Just give it added time I think. I expect it will continue to settle back to normal for you. I would estimate another week or 10 days ...ok to apply hydrocortisone ...avoid excess heat and moisture ( running a marathon in the heat would cause it to do worse in other words...)

I hope that this is helpful for you.

Best Regards,

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
When I removed and washed the spot. I removed al cortisone just now. It seems to lighten or calm down. Cancer wouldn't lighten up right?

Right a cancer would not lighten up and settle down.. As I said it does not look at all like that concern to me. So try to relax on that worry and be patient and give it some time. I think it shall settle back to normal for you!

Let me know if you have further questions. I will be happy to get back with you! Please remember to leave positive feedback on this thread. Thank you!

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is sunlight. And the other is with a flash
Maybe the cortisone was making this worse

Hello again,

OK >> It looks very minimal to me .. I think give it time and it should settle down for you...

Give me a follow up on this thread will be fine if it troubles you further...

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Dr Bray, great news..the spot on my breast I was worried about has gone away. Thank God! But...the original area that was irritated in the crease of my breast came back after a long weekend of dancing and sweating. Maybe this is just a recurring irritationAnything sinister doesn't wax and wane, right?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
Photo

Hello again,

Right nothing sinister here at all. I think that you are right that it is irritation due to the heat and moisture

This does not look bad and should clear for you soon..Please remember to leave positive feedback on this thread. Further follow up questions or concerns are welcome.

Best Regards!

Anthony Bray MD