Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified
Experience:  30 years of experience and an award-winning educator.
54412793

In July I had rough intercourse and my right labia minor

Customer Question

In July I had rough intercourse and my right labia minor swelled a lot for a week or so( side note: my labias were always equal before, my right one was never longer or bigger). Then I went to a gynecologist and she told me it will naturally pass. Then another one told my I will need surgery if it persists. It's been a while and leaving aside the fact that my right minor labia is bigger, it always becomes hard or swells after sex or masturbation. What should I do for it to get back to normal?
Category: OB GYN
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

You may have damaged a blood vessel or possibly a nerve. I would give it a little more time. Surgery can be done if it is significantly larger. Most insurances though , consider it cosmetic surgery and do not pay for it.

Customer: replied 1 year ago.
I understand I would need to pay for it. What kind of specialist deals with this kind of surgery? Where should I go?
Also, in case I leave it some more time , how will this affect my sexual life? Is it normal that it swells and becomes harder and larger after sexual contact or is it a sign that surgery is needed?
Customer: replied 1 year ago.
This is a rather slow answer...
Expert:  Dr. K. replied 1 year ago.

A urogynecologist would be best. If you giveit more time its likely to resolve on its own.