OB GYN

Ob-Gyn questions? Ask a gynecologist online.

Ask a Doctor,

OB GYN

Following up to my previous question, a week later I still

Customer Question
Hello, Following up to my...
Hello, Following up to my previous question, a week later I still had thrush and I went to a gp and got tested for it, I was given a canesten pessary, today 1 week later I'm better and I no longer have it. Anyways I am also currently pregnant and in my
4th or 5th week, but I started feeling this weird sensation in my bladder this morning, it feels really cold on the inside and I constantly feel like I need to pee but I don't have anything. What's going on?
Submitted: 2 years ago.Category: OB GYN
10/27/2015
OB GYN Doctor: Dr. K., MD replied 2 years ago
Dr. K.
Dr. K., MD

Sounds like a bladder infection. You will need an antibiotiic prescription. Its especially important to treat it during pregnancy.

But since our conversation 2 weeks ago I took the OTC thrush pill and it didn't work, when I went to get tested the doctor prescribed me metronidazole which I completed the course last Friday. Meanwhile my results came out and it turned out to be thrush anyway so he prescribed me the canesten pessary, while I was still on the metronidazole. How is it possible that I developed a bladder infection when I had antibiotic in my body, could it be that the thrush spread to my bladder? What type of antibiotic should I take? Ciprofloxacin?

metronidazole is never used to treat a bladder infection yes cipro is one choice

Dr. C.
Dr. C.
Dr. C., Board Certified